Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Special Archery Meeting

Our archery group met Saturday so we could all visit with Tim Baker, one of the author's of the Bowyer's Bible Vol. 1-4. He used to be a group regular but left to pursue photography and other interests.  But he's also my frisbee buddy and before anyone got him involved in making a new longbow, he was waving his bright pink disk around wanting me to come do some throws.  How could I refuse?
But it was a hot day and I was quickly overheated, and the archers were clamoring to get his help with the tillering tree. George took my place for a bit, then we all went back to our projects. 

Anyway, I don't want to talk too much about it; mostly I want to share the photos. 

Erick scrapes his first bow.

Badger makes a bowstring with a string board.

Barbara took this photo of me weaving on my popsicle stick loom.

Tim Baker

Sal and Guy work on projects.

Barbara and Ken's son needs a nap after all the excitement.

No comments: