Friday, October 22, 2010

Steampunk and Archery

I have been tossing around an idea of making a Steampunk archery kit. Copper colored arrows with copper tips, a bow with metal tips and a copper grip.  A hip quiver with cogs and wheels and clockworks. I've never seen such a thing, and I don't know if I can pull it off, but I can try.

And while I'm here, I have some photos of last Sunday's Paleoplanet gathering in Pasadena, CA where Dr. Stickle talked about the clovis point that was found in Malibu a few years ago.

Chris and Carrie demonstrate how to use an atlatl. 




Roland shares his loom beadwork.




A guest tries out the atlatl for the first time.

I shot 99 arrows.

Carl in the plaid shirt is a well known SCA archer (Carollus). 
Next to him in the white jacket is Dr. Stickle.
The man with his arms crossed is Tom Mills co-founder of Paleoplanet.net.
Sorry I don't know the names of the rest of the guests.

No comments: