Sunday, June 28, 2009
I've decided to start making some atlatl equipment so I can join in on the fun. So when we were visiting friends in Silverado yesterday Guy spotted some cane that can work well for the long darts. We got home too late last night to do anything with them, but today I cut off all the excess branches with pruners, and cracked off the dried sheathing as best I could. Then I tied the whole bunch into a bundle to help it to dry more or less straight. I still have a long way to go but at least it's a start.
I've started carving two atlatls in the past. Who knows where they are now. So I need to keep an eye out for them or start a new one.